Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday

Ahhh.  Another beautiful day at Ridley's.  We were just discussing how it seemed the checkout girls seemed to be more polite to the customers.  We wondered if maybe they had been getting complaints and told their employees to shape up. Well, the one I got today hasn't gotten the word yet.  I thanked her and told her to have a nice day.  I think she grunted in return.  The ironic thing is, her name tag said "Angel".  I suppose if I had to work there, I might be grumpy too.

I wonder why they don't turn the lights on in the big freezer cases where the vegetables and frozen dinners are?

I bought some dog biscuits for any dog who might come to visit - Lenore's dog, Nicky's dog, and the maintenance guy's dogs.

***************************
 

I ordered a new wick for my humidifier.  It isn't wicking the water, so I guess it needs to be replaced.

 
I have baby basil in my windowsill planter.  No sign of the parsley yet, but I think it will be showing soon.  I think I still have chives in the kitchen window at the house, but I don't really care if I have it here.  I have a very large bag of dried chives in the freezer compartment.  Tracy ordered it from a bulk supplier on the internet, and got more than she bargained for.

 



 

4 comments:

Judi said...

Those freezer lights at Ridley's have been burnt out for at least 2 years. I remember groping around in the dark there last summer.

MOM/Gina said...

Judi is right...I've complained several times...they always say there's a work order in..right...

Rollie said...

Love the math cartoon.

Charmian said...

Let me know when the basil is ready :o)