Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday

I visited with Rod R, and Sarah a while this morning.  Sarah flew into Rock Springs, Rod picked her up and brought her up here to visit with her Grandfather.  They said Big Rod was alert and enjoyed visiting with her.  He went to sleep that night and didn't wake up.  Leslie was with him when he died. 

I was so glad he was able to go that way, and enjoyed his last time with his family.

***************************
 
They were scheduled to turn the power off here at 11:00 while they hooked up the power to the new apartments.  It didn't happen.  So I guess the power will be turned off at a different time.  We just don't know when.
 
***************************
 
 

Kasey loves to climb this tree,  which is out in front of Sublette Center.
 
***********************
 
I worked on a new painting of quakie trees yesterday, and did not make a good start.  I only got one tree trunk done, and it doesn't look right.  I guess it's too soon to quit on it, but it doesn't look promising.
 
 
***********************
 
Well, my question about the power being off has been answered.  They turned it off about 1:00 and it is already back on.
 




2 comments:

Judi said...

I had not heard about Rod. Thanks. Glad it was peaceful

Rollie said...

Glad I visited Rod the other day when I did. I am not surprised at his passing. He was a warrior and an honored veteran from WWII. And am also glad he went peacefully. Rest in peace, Rod.