Saturday, November 30, 2013

Saturday

Had a great breakfast this morning at the Wrangler with Barrie and Benny. What a wonderful start to a beautiful Saturday.  Snow is predicted for tomorrow.

**********************
 
The pictures I posted yesterday of Shoshoni looked pretty depressing, but I tend to photograph old things.  There are parts of Shoshoni that look pretty good.  They have some senior housing, a couple of nice parks, and of course there is the little old Presbyterian Church, which is beautiful.
 
 
The minister and his family lived in a house right next to the church.  Their daughter was my age, and we went through school together.  The minister's wife used to play the piano in the high school gym for our school dances.
 
 
********************
I bought something that maybe isn't good for me.  I used to love to take naps on the couch years ago, when I was still working.  That is one of the things I planned to do when I retired, but for some reason, I have never started taking naps.  Last week I bought a throw for the couch, a soft fuzzy blanket.  For some reason, I all of a sudden have an urge to nap on the couch!



1 comment:

Judi said...

Balancing yesterday's photos with this charming Shoshoni church? Very nice.