Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thursday

Alice, my sister-in-law called this morning.  She had good news - she sold the sewing machine I had sent home with her.  A friend of ours bought it for her daughter for Christmas.

*****************
 
There must be 8 inches of beautiful snow on the ground this morning.  It snowed during the night.
 
 
It looks like I better move my pickup off the street and into the parking lot in front of Sublette Center.  In fact, it looks like I should have done it yesterday!
 
******************
 
Meanwhile, in the kitchen - - - -I may have solved at least a small part of my failures.  I have an oven thermometer, but thought it was at the house.  I found it in the back of a drawer today, and tested the temperature in the oven.  Sure enough, if I want the oven to be 400°, I have to set it to 450°.
 
How did my grandmother ever bake such delicious bread and other things in her old coal/wood kitchen range?
 
 



2 comments:

Judi said...

Glad the sewing machine sold.

Your poor, beautiful truck. It's hard to say that red & white are lovely colors together when Big Piney is so close, but they are.

Glad I'm here.

Betty C said...

Good morning! I just saw your comment about the egg cooker. I got mine at Lori Hartwigs yard sale for a quarter. It had a foreign plug on it (bought in Sweden I think?). Brent retired a standard plug and it worked great!