Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday Schedule

I hope I don't get into the habit of this schedule!  I couldn't stay awake last night, so I went to bed really early (for me).  After a good night's sleep, I woke up at 3:30.  I got up at 4:00, fixed some steak and eggs with fried potatoes, and a pot of coffee, and read for a while.  I went back to bed about 7:00, went sound asleep, and woke up at 10:00 and washed the breakfast dishes. 

******************
 
When I walked down to check my mail yesterday, two women were sitting in the lobby visiting.  I decided to be sociable and sat to visit with them.  Well, chalk another one up to experience.  I found out the girl who cleans my apartment is worthless.  I must be missing something.  I think she is great.  And the guy who drives the bus from Rendezvous Pointe is terrible, and always late,  and the housekeepers do a terrible job of cleaning the apartments and are lazy.  There was more, but I forget what, exactly.  There must be something wrong with me that I don't notice these things.  Next time I check my mail, I think I will have a reason to get back to my apartment fast.
 
*******************
 
I tried to kill my little windowsill herb garden.  It was below zero, and I left the planter between the drape and the window glass.  The basil was laying flat, but it recovered.  Tough little guys.
 

 
Every year after the first big snow, I would get this book out to read to kids.  The book is Alfalfa Hill, and the illustrations are in pen and ink.  This artist is one of my favorites, and once in a while I will look him up on the Internet just to see more of his work.
 



1 comment:

Judi said...

I have a 4:00 RULE. If I wake up before that (& many times I do), I force myself to stay in bed - a good time for prayers! - until 4am. Then I allow myself to get up. But, NEVER before 4!