Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday

AHHH---- Barrie to the rescue.  She picked up my prescription. She started my truck and moved it off the street to the parking lot in front of Sublette Center.  She said she would come back and clear off the snow the city piled up around my truck, but I see Kevin is already out there on the little tractor clearing the street. 

***********************
 
The prescription was only a little over $18!  Good grief!  I paid $139 for a tiny bottle of eye drops, and a ninety day prescription for blood pressure med was just $18.  Well, I did injure myself trying to get the darned cap off the bottle. 
 
********************
 
Barrie told me Kasey's dad would not be picking her up for the weekend because "his job blew away".  That seems to happen a lot.
 
************************

 
Everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing when Kennedy was shot.  That is, if they are old enough. I had been to the dentist, and was driving down Miracle Mile just out of Tucson when the radio announcer said "It has been confirmed.  The President it dead."
 
My friend who was with me and I were stunned speechless.  When we got back to Silver Bell, I didn't go back to work.  We went in the house and spent the next two days glued to a television.
 


1 comment:

Rollie said...

I remember that Friday like it was yesterday.