Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday

The fire alarm is going off, and I am cooking.  I think that's just a coincidence.

The fire drills here are unique, to say the least.  I think the purpose is to just make sure the alarms are working.  Our instructions are to stay in our apartments, and if we really do need to leave the building, they will come get us.  I spent too many years running kids through fire alarm drills at school, and I always have the urge to get up and find a line to join.

**********************
 
 
I still don't know who this cowboy is.  It is from a photo I took years ago at the Winter Carnival.  This guy was standing on a snowbank talking to Stan M., and I snapped his picture.  I did a pencil drawing, and more recently, a watercolor.  Several people told me they thought it was Tim Baxley, but I showed these to Barb P., and she says it's not.  Anybody recognize him?
 
**********************
 
I've given up on the parsley I planted in my windowsill.  Very few of the seeds sprouted, so now I overplanted with chives.  Seems to me the basil is growing very slowly.  The planter is in a south window, and gets plenty of sun.  


1 comment:

Judi said...

It is a really nice sketch. You have such fine detail work. I suppose you'd have to do an 'age-progression' on the sketch for anyone to recognize him now.