Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday

Pretty boring day today.   Bright and sunny outside.  I am in the middle of thoroughly cleaning one of my watercolor palettes to start with fresh paint.  I'm considering using the butcher tray and choosing a limited palette, starting with fresh paint every time I paint.  Sometimes I just get confused with a full palette of colors and end up with mud.

*************************
 
Here is my attempt at humor today.
 
********************
With Justin Bieber and Richard Sherman in the news, no one has much time for Obama bashing these days.
 
******************
 
I watched the movie "Children of a Lesser God".  I first saw this movie years ago when we had a little deaf boy enrolled in my classroom. School hadn't started yet, but we wanted to be ready for him.  The school sent me to a couple of workshops, and the speech teacher and I spent some time at the School for the Deaf in Casper.  A group of teachers got together one night a week to work on our signing.  We worked so hard to get ready for this kid, then his mother moved and he was sent to school in Jackson. 
 
I was never proficient at signing, and was pretty slow.  But when I watched the movie, I was surprised at how much of the signing I could keep up with.  Good movie!
 





1 comment:

Judi said...

I loved to teach my students some signs. I still remember one assembly in the gym and Kyle was sitting on the other side with his mother. He happened to catch my eye and signed, "BORING!" He was right!