Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sundy

Blowing snow today.  I really didn't want to go outside, but Ken knocked on my door to tell me one of my pickup windows was down part way.  I really didn't want the back seat to fill up with snow, so I went out and took care of it.  Not a pleasant day to be wandering around outside.

 I'm looking for recipes again.  I've never made a quiche, and want to try one.  They sound simple, and I want to practice making a pie crust again.  I won't give up!

************************
 
I can't make myself paint or draw lately.  I'm just not interested in it at the moment.  Even if I don't get out the paints, it should be simple to pick up a pencil and a sketchbook.  There was a time I made myself draw every day, even if it was something like a roll of paper towels, but at least I was drawing.  Maybe a belated New Years Resolution?
 
***************************
 
 No new pictures, so I looked back through the photos I took in January in 2010.  This is a small watercolor I did of snow on a branch outside the window at the house.  I've always had a hard time painting snow, but I like this one.

 

And this is a picture of Kat, dancing on a table top with a lampshade on her head.  It must have been New Year's Eve, and she was celebrating!

2 comments:

Judi said...

Kat is always good for a laugh.
People who can paint white things like snow & ocean waves have my admiration. That'd be you.

Charmian said...

That is a neat evergreen snow painting, Duene!

For a fun blog with great recipes go to The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond).