Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday

Xiau Ling cleaned my apartment this morning with no cat problems.  I guess the cat stayed behind the couch.  She brought her vacuum in right away, just in case she needed to terrorize Kat.

********************************

It looks like a winter wonderland here this morning.  We got at least six inches last night, maybe more.  Want to see pictures? I didn't think so.  Ken came to get my keys so he could move my truck to plow the parking lot.  When he brought the keys back, I told him where my little magnetic box is with the spare key.  There's no need for him to have to stop work to come get my key and then bring it back. 


I harvested some fresh basil from my windowsill garden this morning.  Not very much, but at least I got some.  It occurred to me I don't have the faintest idea how to use fresh basil, so I googled it.  I am making a pot of tomato soup with macaroni and hot dogs, and will chop this up and put in it.  I use this little board and ulu knife for so many things!

*****************
 
Lenore ordered some DVDs on watercolor for our art group, and they are excellent.  Conley has watched them, and I brought some home yesterday.  The lessons are from a guy named Bob Davies, from Great Britain. There are a total of eight DVDs.  I have never heard of the artist before, but he is a great instructor.


1 comment:

Judi said...

Those Ulu knives are so cute, but I could never figure out how to use one.
Can't we even have an out-the-window snow pic?
Nice of Ken to move your truck. Some people from Canada were talking about their brother flying home & having to spend an HOUR in the airport parking lot shoveling out his car because the plows had piled the snow up behind it. At least he had a little shovel in his truck.