Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday

A couple of the MIA painters showed up for art group today.  Both Linda and Les were there!  Nice to see them.

I started a new watercolor of an old rusty car, one of my favorite things to paint.

***********************
 
There was a residents meeting this afternoon.  I'm not even sure what all was discussed -  nothing new or earthshaking. They talked about the cocktail party (I've only attended one), the schedule for bingo and ice cream (neither one of which I have done) and whether or not we get a choice of location of our new apartment when we move.  The dividers between living room and kitchen seem to be a point of contention for some residents, even after they were told the dividers could be put in or taken out. The people here only hear about one-third of what is said.  And I seem to be the only one with hearing aids, and I wasn't wearing them!
 
***********************
 
I found another addictive Internet site.  Jeff Foxworthy has a Facebook page for all his redneck fans.  Here are a couple of photographs from there.
 
 
 
**********************
 
There was a new UPS delivery guy this afternoon, and the poor guy has obviously never been here and doesn't know anything about the place.  He just opened my door and stepped in.  Then he stopped and said "Is this a residence?"  He thought he was delivering to a business.  He was so embarrassed and apologized for not knocking.



2 comments:

Judi said...

Les & Barb came back in JANUARY? It must be pretty bad back east, weather wise.

Anonymous said...

So? Do you get to choose your new location in the new building? Would be nice if you could go walk through some of them to see what you like.

TL