Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday

Beautiful bright world this morning.  We got about an inch of fresh snow and everything looks new and clean.  About a dozen men are on the roof of the new apartments sweeping off the snow.

Fremont Lake froze over clear, but I suppose this snow has messed that up.  People have been up there skating and watching the fish below.

***********************
 
I baked a loaf of bread yesterday and made dough for two pizza crusts.  Ambitious!
 
 
The kitchen gadget gremlin has snuck up and bit me on the butt again.  I just ordered this little hand slicer.  I used to  have one of these years ago, and really liked it.  But it was made of cheap plastic and wore out.  The guy who demonstrates this on TV makes it look like the best thing since sliced bread.  But then, he has practiced using it for many hours and probably went through a ton of food to make it look so easy. 
 
 


Here is another "gadget" I used recently to roll out and cut fresh pasta.  Supposedly, old Italian grandmothers have used these a hundred years.  My grandmother (and mother) made fresh pasta, but they used a rolling pin.  This machine is also used by artists to roll out slabs of clay. 
 


No comments: