Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday

We had a nine hour power outage this morning.  I guess it went off about 2:00 AM and affected a large area of Wyoming.  Mandy came to tell me this morning about 10:00 that the dining room would be serving sandwiches and coffee to all the residents, free of charge, so I had lunch in the dining room today. 
 
There is an emergency generator here, but the heat in the apartments is not on it.  I sat in the front lobby by the front door for a while this morning, as the heat was on there.  People were busy plugging in their oxygen to the emergency plug ins in the hallways.
 
The power came on about 12:30, and it is warm and toasty here now.

**********************
 
Mandy said Xiao Ling was laughing about how badly my cat scared her.    And that she knows now to just get the vacuum cleaner after her to scare her under the couch.  I'm glad I won't get evicted because of my cat!
 
*******************
So where would a smart person keep a flashlight in case the power goes off in the middle of the night?  In the bedside stand, right?  So why was mine in the kitchen? (Don't answer that.)  It is now moved to the bedside stand.
 
*********************
 
And I didn't even know who Justin Bieber was until last week!


2 comments:

Judi said...

Glad you power came on so you could put up your blog! I would have missed it dearly! Glad you stayed warm and were able to ride out the outage. And we used to complain about "Blinkin' Lincoln".

DADD said...

YEs, YES, more George and no crybaby Bieber. They say he cried like a little girl when he got arrested.