Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday

The leaves on the trees are actually big enough to make the trees look green from a distance, I saw a bee on a dandelion, and I found a dead frog in the hallway outside my apartment.  Now if those aren't sure signs of spring, I don't know what is!

 
But we still want to keep in mind we live in Pinedale.  This is a photo I took out my window on June 7, 2007.   Just saying.

********************
 
The cursor/track pad on my computer is acting up.  The cursor is all over the place, and is doing strange things.  It was fine until I started using the new vibrator/heat cushion right next to it.  Maybe they won't play well together.
 
*******************
 
I just put a "hunk" of corned beef in a pot on the stove with the spices.  The directions say to simmer it for about 3 hours, then add cabbage, carrots and potatoes, if wanted.  I have no idea what to expect.  Except for an occasional can of corned beef hash for breakfast, I've never had corned beef.  Tracy said Paul fixed it once for St. Patrick's Day, and she didn't like it.  Well, I don't want to go to my grave without having at least tried it!
******************
 
I started a new watercolor yesterday.  It's going to be a snow scene!  (Go figure.)
 


2 comments:

Charmian said...

Corned beef and cabbage! A big favorite in this house!

MOM/Gina said...

I think you'll love your corned beef. Simmer it longer than they say however (altitude). I used to actually make the corned beef with elk..corning it takes a while, my memory says two weeks..