Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday

I already miss my Kindle.  I read for a while this morning on my Kindle Fire, and that made me miss my old Kindle more than ever.  It's just not the same.  Amazon sells several models of Kindle Readers, but the only ones like my old one are used.  So I am taking a chance and buying a used Kindle. 

**********************
 
I watched the movie "Maximum Overdrive" last night.  It's a Stephen King film about machines in the world coming to life and becoming homicidal.  The film was nominated for two "Golden Raspberry Awards" including worst director for Stephen King and worst actor for Emilio Estevez.  So why did I watch it?  For one thing, it was free, and once in a (long) while, I enjoy a horror film. 
 
I have a book by Stephen King, called "On Writing".  It's kind of an autobiography and a lot about his method of writing.  He says "When I was a kid, my uncle told my mother,' Every time that kid opens his mouth, garbage falls out.' " It's an interesting book. 
 
And I still think his book "The Stand" is an excellent book.
 
*********************
 

Isn't this a great idea?  I'm going to have to try it some day.



No comments: