Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday

I really liked the corned beef I cooked yesterday.  Look at all the years I wasted, not knowing that!  I don't remember ever having it at home when I was growing up, so I guess my parents didn't like it.

******************
 
It rained during the night, and is raining again now.  Everything looks so shiny and green.
 
 
The daffodils outside my window are in their full glory right now.  There is one yellow one.
 
Yesterday I went outside, down the sidewalk, and climbed up the bank onto the lawn.  I'm going to try to talk them into taking that part of the fence down.  From the sidewalk by the door, your can walk straight out onto the flat, even lawn.  No climbing up the bank! 
 
 
I took my camera with me, and took a picture of my apartment windows.  My neighbor's living room window is to the left.  She always keeps her blinds pulled, and it looks like a dungeon in her apartment. 
 
 
 Kat was a little disturbed that I was out there.
 
********************
 
I thought I might watch a "patriotic" movie last night for Memorial Day.  So I watched "Saving Private Ryan".  Sheesh!  I could done without that!  Not sure what I expected,  I think I'll watch Kevin Costner in "Swing Vote".  That's patriotic, isn't it?




1 comment:

Judi said...

You must live in a much warmer climate than me. I don't even have clives yet! Love the daffodils.

Glad you got out for a walk. It was glorious (albeit muddy) when I went for mine - a morning with no wind!