Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday

I woke up this morning thinking about sausage, eggs, and sourdough pancakes.  I woke up late, so it was almost noon before I finished breakfast.  Now I am so full I won't want any supper.

******************
 
Yesterday's discussion group was . . . .  interesting.   One new resident was there, a minister from Oregon, who played a couple songs for us on the piano. The other one I didn't know was a WWII veteran who joined the navy when he was 17 and served on a ship in the Pacific.  He really liked to talk, but he couldn't hear any of the questions we asked him, just kept talking.
 
Somewhere in the discussion, someone mentioned Tokyo Rose, and we talked a bit about her.  Ruth came late from the nursing wing, and asked what we had been talking about. When we told her we'd been talking about WWII and Tokyo Rose, she thought a moment, and said "You know, people refused to watch her movies after that."  That brought the conversation to a standstill for a moment.  Finally she said, "You know, Henry Fonda's daughter."
 
I guess she was referring to Jane Fonda's public comments criticizing our involvement in the Viet Nam war.  I don't remember that much about it, but the public did not appreciate her comments, and maybe she was referred to as being similar to Tokyo Rose.
 
So . . . . .on with the discussion.  We should talk about the weather.
 
******************
 
 
 
 
This is small example of some of the "tubes" included with Paint Shop Pro.  They're like little stamps.  They're kind of fun to mess around with, but I have no idea of a practical use for them.  There are thousands of free tubes on the internet, as well as thousands of free picture frames.
 
********************
 
Lynn Thomas once sent me a CD full of photos she took somewhere in the area of Big Sandy.  Lots of art reference material there, and I had her permission to use any of it.
 
 
I love the picture of these chickens.
 
 
I would love to have the talent to pull off a painting of this old barn.  Lynn had added the word "Mathis" to the title.  I'm sure Judi knows all about these.  She was probably with Lynn when they were photographed.


2 comments:

Judi said...

I was with Lynn the day we went to the Mathias place. For some reason I can't find any of my pictures. Maybe I didn't have a digital camera then. Anyway, it is straight south of the Hittle Barn. When you get to the first big curve, just go straight. The ranch is on the right before the road crosses East Fork. (You also cross East Fork after Joel & Susan Bousman's)

MOM/Gina said...

I think I've seen that one of the chickens before...