Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday, May 3

I am happy breakfast is over with, and I may just skip that meal tomorrow.  Another fun day in the kitchen with Duene.

I found a recipe to make an omelet in a Ziploc bag.  It sounded good, and fun to make. 

 
The problem started when I reached in the refrigerator to get two eggs out of my wire basket.  The eggs must have really thin shells, because one of them broke when I picked it up.  I wasn't smart enough to get a plate to hold under the basket when I took it out.  So I had raw egg in the bottom of the refrigerator in the vegetable crisper, and on the floor all the way to the sink.  I had forgotten how hard it is to clean a raw, slimy egg up off the floor.  Not since Tracy was three years old and decided to surprise me by making French toast before I woke up.

Dicing a tablespoon of pepper, onion, and tomato takes just as long as a cup or two. 

Finally got everything in the bag, all mixed up, and boiled it for 13 minutes.  It tasted pretty good, but I wasn't really in the mood for it by the time it was done.

**********************
 
 

Judi posted several photos she took in Daniel.  There are some wonderful old buildings there.  My favorite photo from Daniel was these three cows munching away
on hay.  They were in a temporary small pasture right in front of the old Daniel Schoolhouse.  I took at least a dozen photos until I got this one.  They lined themselves up perfectly and posed for me! I call it "Let's Do Lunch".

*******************
 


3 comments:

Judi said...

That IS an awesome photo.
Sorry about your egg snafu. What a mess.

DADD said...

If I remember right, use some salt on the egg slime and it cleans up real easy, I think.
But I will have to give it a try someday.

DADD said...

I was talking about trying your omelet