Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday

 
 
My beautiful daughters!  Tracy and Barrrie, I am proud to be your mother.  By golly, I did a couple of things very right in my life:

**********************
 
Barrie and Kasey came to get me for breakfast at the Wrangler this morning.  I would much rather do that than dress up and go out for a nice meal at Lakeside or somewhere like that.  You can't beat Wrangler biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and a sausage patty. 
 
******************
 
I had a pile of things behind the bathroom door that were beginning to irritate me - a small pet kennel, a bag of potting soil, and two small step stools that I have no business stepping up on.  Barrie and KC hauled them all out for me and will take them to the garage or basement of the house.
 
Barrie got on my wireless this morning with her new iPhone to update it and back it up.  The minute she got on, I couldn't load web pages on my computer any more.  Strange, because it works fine if we are using a second computer, the Kindle, or the iPad.  But there's something about an iPhone.  It doesn't like to share.
 
******************
 
Tracy called right after we got home.  I feel so sorry for them - both holding down a full time job while they are trying to get moved out of a big house in Silverthorne  and into a new one in Gypsum.  Tracy has applied for a job with the Eagle River Fire Protection District.
 
*******************
 

The next  time I say I'm going to bake a pie, I hope somebody kicks me and ties me to the couch.  It's been a long time since I worked this hard on something!  The apples were time consuming  and tiring to peel and slice and the pie crust fought me every step of the way.  There were plenty of apples, and as they cooked down, the crust stayed up.  So there is a big empty cave between the crust and the filling.
 
Looks good, doesn't it?  And it was good.  I sent half of it home with Barrie and Kasey. 

3 comments:

DADD said...

We have a nice apple tree, it make apples about 3-3 1/2 inches across. It makes so many that I bought Alice a machine that will peel the apple, core it and make slices all at the same time. So all you have to do is cut it in half, or you will have one long apple curl. Really take all the work out of it.
Funny thing about having 1,000's of apples (yes I said 1,000's) you have a hard time giving them away. People only want one or two big bags full of them.
That is just like rhubarb, they want to you pick it and trim it and bring the bag full over to their house.
I feel that if they can't pick it and cut the leaf of themselves, then it can just sit right there
Next thing they will want you to make the pie for them, and bring it over to their house along with the ice cream.

Rollie said...

A couple of wonderful daughters you have. Glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Judi said...

What a nice photo of Tracy & Barrie. Is it a recent one?