Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday

California Chrome did it!  He won the Preakness, and his owners are crying.  Pretty exciting.  I love the donkey they have on the back of the silks, jackets and things.  They were called "dumb asses" for buying Chrome's dam, and they use that as their insignia.  Not so dumb, after all! Next is the Belmont.

***********************
 
Judi and Vicky just called me.  They were at St. Stevens, had been through the church, and were in the cemetery.  They were at the grave of Donovan Blackburn, which I had told them about.
 
Judi will probably have a photo of it, but here is what it looked like when I visited there several years ago.  Donavon was a high school basketball player for the St. Stevens Eagles, and was killed in an automobile accident.
 

 
 
 
 It was just before Halloween, and you can see how much the cemetery has been decorated.
 
*******************
 
 
This cheery sight is outside my window.
 
 
 


1 comment:

Judi said...

I love that you were with us in spirit. Yes, Donovan's grave will be on tomorrow's blog. Beautiful daffodils.
I have lilacs right here on the desk. I drove down an alley, rolled down the window, & made Vicky steal some for me! Ans she did it one-handed!