Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday

 
Kasey arrived at 7:30 this morning to spend the day. I leave the door unlocked for her, she comes in, starts the coffee pot, opens the drapes, and gets the iPad.  What a difficult child! 

She forgot to bring the cookies I sent home with her last time she was here, but I happened to have some graham crackers, which hit the spot. 

*********************
 
They turned on the sprinklers here this morning.  The lawn and the mature trees look great, but the flower beds are pathetic.  They are choked with weeds, grass, and dandelions.  I think they didn't budget much for the care of them because they were planning on tearing down this building.  So the flower beds have been neglected.
 
And I have missed seeing Boo and Maggie around here, the two Border Collies who belong to Ken, the maintenance man.  When I asked him why Sublette Center didn't want the dogs in the building any more, he told me it was a certain person who worked for the city.  Seems she didn't approve, so the dogs have been kicked out. 
 
Someone is on a power trip, I think.  I guess because we are a public building, she can do that.  I wonder about all the dogs that visit the nursing wing, used as therapy.  I hope they are immune to her whims.
 
 
 
This is Clyde, Kasey's cat.  Seems he has gone on a "walkabout".  I know a lot of cats tend to wander around in the spring.  I hope he comes home soon.  He is neutered, so he isn't just out tomcatting.
 
 


1 comment:

Judi said...

Kasey is so independent and self-entertaining!