Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cats in the Basement

Yesterday, Barrie went down to the basement and garage to look for something she thought she might have left in the pickup. She said a cat was in the garage, so she opened the garage door for a while, and thought she got it out. Last night, I heard meowing at the basement door. When I opened the door, two cats were there. One ran into the kitchen, then into the dining room, and seemed really upset. She forgot to be wild. I got her outside, and she wanted back in the house. I wondered if she might be the mother to the kitten I am raising on a bottle, so I took him down to her. She sniffed him and hissed at him, so I guess not.

The cat who was still in the basement was her kitten from last spring, so maybe that was what she was so worried about. I left the garage door open again, and saw the young cat on the front porch later, so I think (hope) all the cats are out. I have two broken glass jars on the basement floor, and cat poop on the garage floor. I haven't checked any further to see what else they may have done.

Click on images for a larger view
This was taken when we lived out of Kingman, AZ. Tracy's Grandad and Grandma LeClair were there, and Bud brought these two sets of huge elk antlers from Wyoming. They drove a big long Cadilac, must have had them in the trunk.

**************************************

When I bought a wide angle lens for my camera last year, I walked out in the yard to take a picture of the house. I am so ready for snow!!


A photo taken from the boat in Fremont Lake, begging to be painted.

****************************

Everything around my house is shades of browns, yellows, gold and oranges. It almost hurts the eyes! So many leaves have come down that the ground is a golden color too. It has been raining a soft rain off and on, and is overcast - which makes the colors even more saturated.

No comments: