Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Socks

Click on photos for a larger view
You probably all recognize the moose in the meadow when you leave the Hoback Canyon

Warm Fuzzy Socks

In the fall, an old lady's fancy turns toward -- Knitting! These are great socks. Two pair of them were done by changing yarns, but three pair were done with a really neat self striping yarn. It makes a wonderful pattern. The yarn is an acrylic/wool blend, and are nice and warm. But the problem is, I get zapped whenever I touch anything metal.

*******************************
Barrie and Kasey were here most of the day. Barrie is still not feeling very well, and slept on the couch quite a bit. Hope she gets over this soon.

Kasey sampled some cat food from the dish on the floor. She had it on her fingers and her face. I think she decided she didn't like it very well.

I did some piddling chores today that needed to be done. Got bills paid and my desk cleaned off, cut my chives off short, watered my lettuce on the windowsill, shook some rugs, took the garbage to the dumpster, and got a few photos organized. Just little things that pile up if you don't keep them done.

Today I showered in the downstairs bathroom - I have had "Buzz" in the bathtub down there for several baths since Kasey put him in the toilet stool. I was putting his helmet back on, and accidently pushed a button. I about threw him across the room when he said "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue"! I never knew he talked, Judi. Kasey played with him a while. Later, I noticed she had put him back in the bathtub.

2 comments:

Cristy said...

Wow, Duene! I've been most of a year on one stupid pair! You're a sock blitz! Love those patterns!
I like the antelope momma drawing an awful lot too.
Cristy

Anonymous said...

Thank you for my Chuckle of the Day! I can't believe Buzz can still talk after all his watery experiences. JAM