Saturday, October 18, 2008

old movie

Yay Sally! Just read on Gina's blog that Sally is doing well, is up walking some, and will be home soon. That's very good news.

*************************************

Click on images for a larger view.
Here is the photo of my white water trip on the Snake River. It certainly doesn't look as wild as the photo I posted yesterday.

*******************************************

I found a rather large folder in a box in the basement this morning with etchings - some artists proofs, some signed and numbered prints, and some original pencil drawings. I didn't remember doing all these! This is an etching of a tree from a sketch I did along the shore at Fremont.



This is a pencil drawing I did. I have no idea who he is. Maybe a picture from a magazine.

************************************

I have an old movie on TV, "The Day the Earth Stood Still". It's an old black and white science fiction. It's kind of corny, I guess, but a refreshing change from much of the stuff that is on TV. I just can't watch the super realistic special effects violence on much of the new shows. Hmmm - do you think I am showing my age?

I am in the mood to paint today, so am going to get at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an incredible artist, Duene. Love the sketches today & yesterday. I agree about movies. I'll take "corny" anyday. I can't stomach the graphic violence. JAM