Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snowy Sunday

Click on images for a larger view
This is what I saw out my bedroom window when I opened my eyes this morning.

The bird feeder was covered with snow, and the Chickadees were scolding me


As soon as I cleaned the snow off, they came in to eat.

I put Kasey in the recliner yesterday, and she was delighted that she leaned to rock it.



Kasey really posed for me yesterday. I very seldom use the automatic settings on my cameras, because I don't like to use the flash. I had to in these pictures, and I think they came out OK. This is one I printed out 5" x 7" and put in a frame for Barrie's desk at work.

*****************************

A milestone in my career as a mother cat! He actually drank some milk on his own today. I used a small lid. I tried putting some cat food in with the milk, but he didn't want it. He also used the litter box!! That one had me stumped - I thought a cat should just naturally do that, and I guess he was ready.

*******************************************

Nancy S. had an interesting question a couple of weeks ago - she wondered why the people always clapped at the closing of the stock market every day. Last week was supposedly the worst week in Wall Street history, and the people stood there with smiles on their faces and clapped and clapped. What on earth do they have to clap about? Let alone smile while they are doing it.

***************************************

"If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today.If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today.If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today. But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received $214.00."

No comments: