Friday, October 31, 2008

Do Over

Do Over?
Click on images for larger view
When I finished this painting, I decided it was something I needed to "do over". It actually looks better on the computer screen than it does in real life. But I certainly don't know how to paint snow or water.


This is an old photo of my brother, Bill, and our cousin, Donna. It was taken (I think) at the Albin Day parade about 1940. They were portraying a pioneer couple with a covered wagon. The dog is Mugs, our bulldog. Bill will correct me if I'm wrong about where and when this was taken.

*************************************
I have taken my photo albums out and glanced through them quickly. There really aren't a lot of photos I want to scan, but I want to do my girls' school pictures through the years.

My horoscope today made me laugh - it said "If you feel that your life lacks some discipline right now, then that's a sure sign that it does!" Like I care if my life lacks discipline! Isn't that what retirement is all about?

Actually, I have put some order in my life recently - scanning and organizing slides, and also trying to put some order in my VCR and DVD collections.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the 'aspens in snow' JUST the way it is. WOW! Do tell how you made the snow flakes. JAM