Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday

Click on images for a larger view
A pen and ink "stipple" technique bull elk.


A photograph of an artificial poinsetta. I wish I had written down the steps I did in Photoshop for this framing effect. I know it involved using layers, and using the eraser tool.


I spent several days looking for this little book for Kasey. I used it in kindergarten, and it seems to be out of print and no longer available. I suppose I could find it in the catalog from the publisher of this reading program, but I found one on E-Bay.

************************************

I have absolutely no ambition today. Slept fine until about 4:00 this morning, but not much after that. Probably a good day for a nap!

I am reading Michener's "Centennial". I have read it before, but it has been so long that a lot of it seems new. I think maybe this paperback has been read too many times. Both the front and back covers have fallen off, and about the last 30 or 40 pages have come unglued and are falling out. Hope I don't lose any of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy memory. We had a whole set of Big Books for 1st grade where I taught with Jane (Andrews) Ryan and Mrs. Wishy-Washy was one of them. They all had that same cover design. I can't remember the other titles! JAM

Anonymous said...

a good place to buy books is ... half.com a branch of ebay. I loved it when i could afford to buy books. take care. nanny