Friday, October 10, 2008

Is it winter yet?

Click on images for a larger view
I didn't used to take pictures of (or paint) still life. The Yahoo photo group I joined on the Internet has kind of forced me to be more "creative", and set up some photographs.


A Halloween display at the Homestead Living Center in Riverton - edited with some special effects.


I'm sure everyone recognizes this old building - the old gas station in Daniel.

*********************************

I enjoyed watching it snow today, but none of it stayed on the ground. It is supposed to snow more tonight and tomorrow.

Barrie is going to run her dogs tomorrow, and is bringing Kasey to stay with me in the morning. WooHoo! What shall I do to spoil her? She has been afraid of the kitten. And the kitten is becoming very active. He has learned to run, and attacks my feet. But he also sleeps a lot. I think Kasey will soon be holding her own with him.

Lynn mentioned watching the movie "Bucket List". I have this movie, and still haven't gotten around to watching it. I need to. Earlier this week, I watched an "oldie moldy", "Peyton Place". Tonight I am watching another oldie, "Where the Boys Are" - not the remake, but the old one from when I was in college. The students in this film bear little resemblance to the students i knew at the U of W, and I never knew anyone who went to Ft. Lauderdale for spring break. When I watch a vintage movie like this one, I realize that all the actors and actresses are now as old as I am, and probably some of them dead. How depressing!

******************************************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cadence is 4 years old and still terrified of their new kitten. Good luck with Kasey on that! If the kitten is on the stairs, Cadence will not come down - she just stands at the top & screams for me. The kitten has drawn blood from all of us. JAM