Thursday, October 2, 2008

Two old photos, two new ones

Click on photos for a larger view
This is Tracy and her Grandad LeClair. We lived about 40 miles out of Kingman, Arizona at the time, and Bud and Esther had come for Christmas. The little red boots had been Sonny's, Tracy's brother. Bud and Esther had them made to order for him when he was born. Years later, after Sonny's and Judy's two sons were grown, I gave the boots back to Sonny. They seemed really pleased to get them.

How about these cute kids? This is Tracy - I think she was about two at the time, with her sister and brothers, Leslie, Marty and Sonny. I think maybe we lived at Ragged Mountain Colorado on a ranch at the time, and had come to my Mom's house for a visit. The ranch had no electricty, and I sewed on my Grandmother's old treadle Singer sewing machine, which I still have. I don't remember sewing for Marty and Sonny, but I made Tracy and Leslie matching outfits. It's a wonder Leslie is not bald, because I messed with her hair so much. I even put her to bed with a nylon stocking on her head!! Poor girl!


The cantankerous kitten.

Kasey checking out the kitten in its box.

******************************************

Barrie and Kasey were here today. I got Barrie to hold the kitten for me so I could get a picture. Kasey was scared to death of the kitten last time she was here, but she was much braver today. She would walk up to the box and say "hi kitty" or "hi baby". She even touched it once, but kind of grabbed it, and let go quickly and the kitten landed about 8 inches away. Kasey didn't really want to touch it again. It's funny how confident Kasey is around dogs, but a tiny kitten unnerves her.

**************************************

I don't know what I did with my time today. I intended to finish the fur on the pastel wolf, and haven't even touched it yet. I started a new watercolor at the art group yesterday, and have not finished it (along with at least three other watercolors I have started). I have a wonderful photo of a Herford cow and calf that Lynn took, and really want to paint that. Also a few pencil drawings I have started. It's a good thing I am retired and don't have to hold down a job!

No comments: