Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday

Finished (I hope)
Click on images for a larger view
I'm not sure this is finished, but I am not messing with it any more. I tried to give the fur more texture and variation.

**************************************\

These old buildings are located up close to the rim, near the turnoff to the Flying A. The exposure on this one was bad, and the colors were not right. I did a lot of adjusting in Photoshop, and was pleased with this result.


This is the old abandoned service station at Creston Junction at the Baggs Exit on the Interstate. I took quite a few photos of it, not even sure what I wanted. When I cropped this one, I realized it looked like an old mission church in the Southwest.

When this station was operating, I stopped there. A van full of gypsies was there. They were washing plums they had purchased somewhere. They offered me one, and I took it. It was delicious. When I got to Colorado, Tracy lectured me about taking food from strangers, especially gypsies. They were such interesting people.

*****************************

I went to the Animal Clinic today and got a new can of the kitten milk replacement formula. I was afraid we would run out before Monday. This is a powder that you mix with equal amounts of water. I can't believe how much he has gone through! He actually ate today without yowling and fighting me too much. Then he sat on the floor beside my foot and looked up at me like a real cat. I offered him a little bit of soft cat food, but he didn't seem interested. I think he should be eating a little solid food in the next week.


No comments: