Sunday, October 26, 2008

Windy Day

Click on image for a larger view.

I have been working on this pencil drawing for a couple weeks, and I think it's pretty close to being finished. I am going to put it back for a while and look at it with fresh eyes later. I can already see that the doe's head is wrong, too small, the eye is too small, and maybe the ears are too long. Some time away from it will help my perception. The lighting was not right on this photo, as the left side of the paper looks grey.

*********************************
Very windy today, and I just noticed the quakie trees outside my dining room window are bare. I would have sworn they had leaves on them yesterday.

It is so brown and dreary looking. We could use some snow to brighten up the landscape, and also to cover up all the white plastic bags that are blowing all over town.

I have turned off the TV the last several nights and played music on my ipod. Television has been so bad lately - too much politics, too many commercials, and nothing worth watching.

I have about 1,000 songs on my ipod. At one time, I was guilty of downloading illegal music from the internet, but I also copied my favorites from my CD and tape collections.

A friend sent me this quote:

"I'm travelling 33 1/3 RPM's in an ipod world."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those roller skates and so does Chase! Thank you for the memory. JAM