Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday - Kittens Have a Home

Yay!! The kittens have gone to their new home this morning. Julie told me Leslie R. had asked about kittens. Leslie said they can't be in the house, but will have a heated barn. I think they are going to a good home, and will be together.

Also, Julie brought me cat traps, and we trapped the mother cat. Julie picked her up this morning. She really isn't very healthy looking, and Julie will probably put her down. Kind of sad, but I believe it is the humane thing to do. being a feral cat in Pinedale is not an easy life.



New computer



Here is the new computer, set up on the dining room table temporarily. I have installed a couple of programs, and when the wireless adapter arrives, I will (hopefully) be able to transfer all the photos, music, and documents to the hard drive. When everything is ready, I will move it to the desk in the computer room and hook it up to the wireless router.

I have a large pile of old computer books and CDs that I cleaned off the bookshelf in the computer room. I have been so frustrated because I can't find the installation disk for Quicken, the program I use to keep track of my checking account. Now I am wondering if maybe I purchased it by downloading it and don't even have the disk. It's not an expensive program, and there is a newer version, so I plan on ordering it today.

I really think the "bandysnatchers" visit my house in the night and hide things from me. "The Bandysnatchers" was a song I used to play for kids about some little creatures who came in the night and hid their crayons, pencils, etc. The kids even built a bandysnatcher trap once, but he sprung the trap and got away! He did leave some treats for the kids, though. I had to get to school early that morning to pull that off.

No comments: