Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday

Click on images for a larger view

My pink peony bush had only one bloom on it this year. I cut it and put it in a vase. It didn't get very good care the past couple of summers, so that is probably why there was only one bloom. I can remember cutting off the old flower heads and counting over 100 of them. It is getting better care and more water this summer, thanks to Barrie, so maybe next year it will bloom better.



The little cardboard box in the kennel was supposed to be a litter box. But the kittens have decided it makes a good bed. Barrie moved the kennel into the dining room, and they seem very comfortable in there. They are so playful. Today Barrie left the door open and they came out and were playing under the shelves in front of the window. Their poor Mom is still hanging around and wants them with her.

******************************

I actually did a little cleaning today - my upstairs bathroom and the litter box, always a delightful job. Also did a load of laundry. I think that's enough for today!

Barrie replaced the latch on the storm/screen door today. That door has been there for longer than I have been in this house - probably 50 years old, and the latch finally just wore out. The new one Barrie bought didn't fit quite right, so she had to do some drilling, cutting, bending, and I don't know what all, but she got it on and it works.

Today I printed out a couple of photos on my Canon photo printer to try for the whiskey art. I thought maybe the Canon ink would work better than the HP ink. They transferred pretty well, but I don't know if it was because of the ink or because of the photos. I'll start adding some pen and ink details to them today.

No comments: