Thursday, July 2, 2009

Frustrating Day

A frustrating day, and I feel like I wasted a lot of time. First, we had no telephone this morning, and no internet either. No matter what number we dialed, we got the CenturyTell message that we had reached their Western Union Pay service. I used my call phone to call them, and found that they had disconnected me because of non-payment. Good Grief! I told them my account was set up for automatic payment with my credit card and that it was not possible. Then she told me I should check with my credit card company - I told her I KNEW my account with them was paid up.

She did some more checking and found the problem. Last month, someone paid a $157 bill and it was mistakedly credited to my account. Because I then had a credit balance, the automatic charge to my credit card was not made. Then they discovered their mistake and fixed it. So I was left with an overdue balance on my bill. Therefore, they decided to disconnect me. They got the phone back on immediately, but it took until 6:00 tonight to get the Internet back.

So the rest of the day was spent on some more useless tasks. My pump weed sprayer had quit working. It is really old - I went to Ridley's yesterday and spent about $23 on a new one. You guessed it - it won't work. I will take it back and get my money back and go elsewhere to buy one. Also, my little digital timer died. (also very old). Ridley's had one for $18. I ordered one on Amazon.com for $7. Probably doesn't have all the features that the one at Ridley's had, but I just want a simple one that I can set the time and it will ring, buzz or beep at me. Also got free shipping from Amazon because I ordered a few new books.

Barrie said the plug for the freezer in the basement had come loose and that it was starting to defrost. So she defrosted the freezer today. Boy, does it look nice. She also cut down a dead willow down by the gate, got some water on the lawn, and mowed part of it.

I did some more raking in the little front yard, cat poop, pine needles and pine cones, and had two bags that must weight 100 lbs apiece for the dumpster.


My stepdaughter, Leslie sent me this photo today. I thought I would pass it on.

No comments: