Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday

Click on images for a larger view.
The cat actually wanted to stay outside today. Kasey and I were working in the yard, and Kat explored. This really shows what a steep slope my yard is.


Kasey getting settled in her lawn chair with an old tin coffee cup I keep outside on the picnic table.


Kasey with a branch I pruned off the chokecherry bushes.

*************************************

Imagine my surprise this morning when I brought up Judi's blog and saw a picture of my house in the jungle! There is a pile of dead branches by the front gate to be hauled off. Barrie has hauled off 3 pickup loads so far this summer. We are getting rid of some live bushes and trees, or at least trimming them back. And of course there are always dead willows that get unsightly.

Kasey "played hooky" today. She and I stayed home this morning while Barrie went out to take care of the sled dogs. Barrie says the mosquitoes are so bad out there that we probably wouldn't even want to get out of the truck. She brought four sled dogs into town, and when Kasey wakes up from her nap, we are going to take them to Soda Lake for a swim. She said the mosquitoes weren't bad at the lake yesterday.

No comments: