Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thursday

No pictures today, just updates:

I unpacked all the new computer parts today and got it all set up on one end of the dining room table. I got the very basic elements set up, but didn't get it on the internet. I had thought it "might" have wireless network built in, but it doesn't. So I have ordered a USB wireless adapter. According to all I have read, it should connect to my home network with this, and I can transfer files from the old desktop computer. I have done this between the desktop and the laptop, and it works great.

I am going through my pile of CD's and finding many that I can throw away. There are several programs I will install on the new computer, and installed a couple today. I guess the new computer will take up half the table for a while. There is still room for us to eat on the other end.

I called Julie E. this morning and she brought me two cat traps. Barrie set them up, and has already trapped the feral cat that is the mother of the two kittens we have in the house. i hope Julie can find a nice barn home for her. She gave me one name of someone who might be interested in the kittens. If not, I'm sure she will help us find them a home. They are pretty well "house cats" now. And so cute, who could resist them??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed by all the computer set-up stuff you are doing. I could never install all that stuff. I have to have ready-built computers. I admire you for your skills. JAM