Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday

A Girl and a Kitten
Click on images for a larger view


Kasey never got to do this with Kat. Kat would never tolerate being held or petted from the time she was little. You would expect her to, because she was raised on a bottle, but she is a "touch me not" cat. She does like to snuggle on my feet, as long as I don't try to pet her.

These kittens have Kat buffaloed. She backs down to them, even if she is eating. After they scare her off, she seems to take it out on her tail, whirling, hissing and growling at it. Barrie says she has a mental problem.

I enjoyed art group this morning. Barbara sent a quiche in with Vicky for us. It had a potato crust and was delicious.
After bragging about planning the colors for my new painting, I forgot to take the information to class with me, so I just did a soft background for the cat painting.

I had a surprise the other day - I was sitting on the front porch when my old bobtailed cat came up. She was one of the two original cats I got, and I had her spayed. I have not seen her nor her sister all summer, and assumed they met the fate that most feral cats on this hillside meet, whatever that is. It took her a little while to warm up to me, but then she was rubbing all over me and purring.

********************************
My new computer came today. I ordered a new Dell desktop. It is in the dining room, still in the box. I'm not sure I will even start on setting it up today. It is so much work to set up a new computer and get files on it. I know there are programs and cables to transfer everything from an old computer to a new one, but that is just what I DON'T want to do. If I put all that on the new computer, it will run just as slow as the old one. I am going to take my time and be careful about what goes on it. It can be added to my home wireless network, and hopefully I can get that done and transfer just the files I want. Then I have to start cleaning out files on the old computer and decide what I want to do with it.

1 comment:

Judith Angell Meyer said...

Congratulations on the new computer. Emphasis on NEW! You will find that it will not only hold more files, but will run faster while doing it. Good luck and have fun.

You forgot .... same on you. I can see a long and narrow painting of just those gorgeous eyes and whiskers! ~J~