Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday

Click on images for a larger view
Vicky showed us the fun process of "whiskey art", and several of us in the painting group have tried it. Not too many succesful results, but here are two that Judi and I did. Others in the group have promised to add to this little display.



This Judi's "whiskey art" of The Honeycombs. Judi showed us how to use pen and ink to enhance these images, which are usually very disappointing after the ink is transferred to the paper.


This is my old cabin. Didn't look like anything until I added the pen and ink.



This could be the same hummingbird I photographed a couple of days ago. He was hanging out in this tree in the back yard and feeding at the feeder at the upstairs window.



We had a special guest at our art group this morning. This is Cindi's son's new pet, a Sugar Flyer. She is just a baby. They are native to Australia, are marsupials and are nocturnal. So cute!! I didn't really get a good photo of her. She did not appreciate being brought out of her "pouch" to meet us, and she was quite vocal about it.

Conley had surgery on his leg last week. He had a large vein removed, which has ruptured in the past. He seems to be doing very well. Glad to see him back.

I didn't even work on a watercolor today. Instead, I worked on a pencil drawing of an antelope doe and twin fawns. Guess I need a break from watercolors.




No comments: