Monday, July 13, 2009

The Kittens

Yesterday evening I saw one of my cats with two little white kittens playing on the pile of old willows on the ditchbank. I had Barrie come look. I was just getting my camera out when they disappeared into the dead willow pile, and I saw that Barrie was walking up there. The first kitten was hiding just under the edge of the willows, and Barrie caught it easily.
Click on images for a larger view
Gotcha!

This is not a happy cat!
_________________________
It took longer to catch the second kitten. Barrie put them in a large dog kennel in the front yard, and put food and water in with them. Their poor momma kept looking for them by the willows. Sometime during the night she found them in the kennel and was waiting beside it this morning.


Barrie is working on taming the kittens. They are eating well and ready to be weaned. They are so cute and I think we can find homes for them. Here is Mom trying to get up her nerve and come close to Barrie to see her kittens.


Getting socialized.
***********************
I'm watching on the news on Salt Lake TV about the canal that washed out and buried a house, causing the death of 3 people. I wonder how large that canal was. Some of you remember when the canal behind my house washed out above Nick's place. That's not a large canal, but it washed debris clear across the highway and took out Nick's garage and buried a couple of his trucks. The ditch was running extra high at the time, but Nick was digging into the hillside to build a retaining wall. I have water in my back yard in the summer, and people complain about the ditch leaking. But I know the hillside above the ditch has water running out of it into the ditch.
Barrie and I have both had bad dreams about the ditch going out above our house!

No comments: