Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday

I think ten years from now, I will be in a bed down the hall in the nursing wing, still knitting on this sweater I started yesterday.  What was I thinking?

Actually, I have knit many sweaters and socks, so I know it can be done.  I just don't remember it being so slow.

********************
 
I made a big pan of lasagna yesterday.  It was good!  But I will be eating it for six months.  I saved some for Barrie and KC to take home the next time they are here.  Today, I have a batch of spaghetti sauce in the crockpot.
 
 
I don't even drink wine, but there are sure a lot of good jokes about it.  I used to drink wine, but have somehow lost my taste for it.  An old friend from my wine drinking days claimed wine made her elbows hurt!
 
******************
 
My friend Vicky and her husband have a home in the Dominican Republic, and have been there for the last month or so. She recently fell on the path on her way to the beach, and broke a bone in her wrist.  Bummer!  They are getting ready to head back to Wyoming soon.
 
 
 I took this photo of the moon last April.  Used a 400 ml lens and the camera mounted on a tripod. 
 
*******************
 
I'm not enthused about it, but I am on my way down the hall to ride the bike for a while.  I know it's good for me, but it's a bother.  I take my Kindle reader with me, which helps.
 

 
 


2 comments:

Judi said...

I'll bet there are lots of people in your wing who don't like to cook & would love to have your extra food.

There's nothing like jumping in with both feet. A sweater! It couldn't be something mindless & simple like little afghan squares?

I am glad to read about how active you are with the cooking painting, knitting, babysitting and biking. I admire you for all that!

MOM/Gina said...

Poor Vicki...I didn't know.
I wish I cooked like you.