Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday

 
This photo is for Judi.  It is what is left of the snow bank on the north side.  It won't be long now until you can get in your house.  And notice the green grass!

*******************
 
Feeling organized and tranquil.  Apartment is clean, laundry caught up, dishes done, got the miles done on the bike, and nothing I feel pressured to do.  I don't EVER remember having this feeling at the house.  Something always needed doing, or fixing, or cleaning.
 
 
Does anyone remember Little Bunny Foo Foo?  I used to sing this song with my kindergartners:
 
     Little Bunny Foo Foo
     Hopping through the forest
     Scooping up the field mice
     and bopping them on their heads.
 
Kasey sang this song too, but some do-gooder had changed the words to "kissing them on the head."  I guess bopping them was too violent.  But if I remember rightly, a fair came down and changed Bunny into a frog has punishment for bopping the field mice.
 
****************
 
I'm on a roll with the knitting.  After backing up a few rows (unknitting), I am finally able to count 10-2-10-2, etc. and the sweater is slowly growing.
 





1 comment:

Judi said...

Thank you for the photo, Duene. Maybe I'll just sent Rollie up north on a scouting expedition.
Oh, we sang Bunny Bunny Foo Foo too and we always sang 'bopping 'em on the head' too. Such a silly song.
I'm sure you have taught Kasey the correct version.