Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday, April 7

The King still reigns!  George Strait won "Entertainer of the Year" again at the Country Music Awards last night. 

I never cease to be amazed at how the entertainers dress for this big event.  Almost all the women are decked out in their best.  Some of the men, however, seem to  have a statement to make.  Like holey jeans and a baseball cap worn backwards. 

******************
 
 
Check this out!  Seems summer really is coming!  The snow on the roof is almost gone, and the snow on the ground slowly disappearing.
 
********************
 
I'll feature Tracy in today's blog.  These pictures might have been taken in April of some year in the past (way past). It was the spring the first year we moved back from the ranch in Colorado.
 
 
We went to a Pow Wow at Ethete.  Tracy did not appreciate us handing her to Father Zumach to have her picture taken.

 
This was taken the next day at the Catholic Church in Fort Washakie.  Father Zumach again, without the buckskins and feathers.  Take a look at that skinny chick wearing high heels and a piece of lace on her head!  And where did I find that white bonnet for Tracy?  She was baptized that day.  Her dad is in the back on the left.  The other two people are Tracy's Godparents, and I have no idea what their names were!  I'm sure I knew their names at the time.
 
********************
 
I'm trying to decide whether to get my income tax done today, or put it off another day.  I bet you can guess the outcome!



2 comments:

Judi said...

Post more grassy pictures. Looks wonderful - inviting, almost!

Funny that you remember the priest's name & not the godparents. That's what life does to us. I actually could not tell you if my kids even had godparents!

Duene said...

Fr Zumach was a wonderful man, was on the Reservation for years. The couple were friends of Willie's, old Navy buddy, I think. I didn't know them well.