Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New Router

I wasn't sure I would even be able to get on the Internet today.  My computer has been balky, cantankerous, and uncooperative the last few days.  CenturyLink's little robotic voice said no issues were detected in their network.  "This Page Cannot be Displayed" was the message I was getting for almost everything.  And I got an error message when I tried to retrieve my e-mail.  Finally I noticed one of the lights was off on the router.  I reset the router, but that didn't seem to work. 

I decided it wasn't this computer because the new laptop and the iPad were the same. After the computer had been on about half an hour this morning, all of a sudden, my mail appeared, and the Internet is working beautifully again.

 My solution?  Buy a new router before the old one gives up completely.  It's old.  At least I hope that's the problem, because that would be an easy fix.

*****************
 
 
This is why I would avoid the Interstate, especially in the winter.  The west bound lane was closed for 18 hours yesterday down near Elk Mountain.  Forty-seven vehicles were involved in this crash, and driving too fast for conditions was the cause. 
 
***************
 
Regarding the picture of the bluebird in the snow I posted two days ago.  I have recently discovered that his name is Brodie Barfs, and he is the guy who sings the country-western song "Send me Down to Tucson".  Mel Tillis claims to be the singer, but it is actually Brodie.
 
(Thanks to my friend Charm for putting the Tucson idea in my head.) 





3 comments:

MOM/Gina said...

If you call the centurylink office here in town they'll bring you a new one and set it up. They've been soooo great with my internet issues.

Duene said...

I got a recording when I called the office in town. I could have left a message, but decided to go ahead on my own. Impatient!!

Judi said...

That picture gives me the willies. Long ago when we lived in MN I was driving to town & got between 2 semis. The first one stopped. I stopped. The one behind me couldn't stop. Just as I saw my life flashing before me, the driver veered off onto the shoulder & sailed by alongside of me. He saved my life.