Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday

I have just locked myself in my apartment with my paints, knitting, and a book.  I didn't mean to get herded to the dining room yesterday for a party, but my door was open and Jo Anne got me.

It wasn't so bad.  Doc and George played the accordion and guitar, and Sue B. sang.  I did enjoy watching the people from the nursing wing.  Many of them clapped their hands and sang along.

This morning I took my Kindle reader down to the big room at the end of the hallway to read while Xiau Ling cleaned, and got waylaid by two residents and had to visit for a while.

Today there is a welcome party for two new residents, and also the discussion group my neighbor has.  I've had enough socializing for one day, thank you very much. 

****************
 
 
I got on TurboTax page today on the computer, used their free software, did my income tax, filed electronically and paid with my credit card.  Couldn't be simpler.  So why did I wait until the last minute?
 
*******************
 
When I look at the flower beds under my windows, I see the lilies coming up, the white daisies, lupine, wild strawberries, and other unknowns. The snow is now entirely off the roof across the lawn, although there is still snow piled along the north side of the building.  And snow is forecast for Sunday.
 



1 comment:

Judi said...

Thank you for the weather update. I know when there is still 'snow on the north side', there is still a drift in our driveway - smack in front of my door.