Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday

Absolutely nothing happening today, except I am cooking some greasy fried potatoes and a pork chop with the bone left in, and the fat untrimmed!

I've decided I have to quit cooking for a while, and start eating what is in the containers in the freezing compartment.  I just have to be careful to not get Judi's moose turds!

 
The only photo I have today is one from the past.  Anyone remember this dead tree in front of the old abandoned motel in Daniel? Some creative person kept it painted purple.  I was using a slightly telephoto lens, which is why the mountains look so close. 

Daniel is full of photo opportunities, if you take the time to look.

*****************
 
I read a news article with the word "ruthless" in it.  An old limerick immediately popped in my mind.  This is one my father used.
 
 
"I took Ruth for a ride
on the seat beside of me.
Hit a bump at 65,
and drove  on ruthlessly."
 
Okay, I'll quit for the day.
 


2 comments:

Judi said...

I wonder if those old motel rooms are still there.
Do kids still learn limericks? They are so much fun.

Sally said...

Duane, you sure make me smile!!!