Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday

Things I have learned today:
  • Don't make coffee in the dark.  The coffee grounds tend to run amuck if you put them in the basket without the filter.
  • Some things should have been cleaned out of the refrigerator last week.
  • The cat will eat yarn.
And the day has just begun.  I will probably learn a lot more things before it is over.

**********************
 
I have been watching Tracy's posts on Facebook. There is a "For Sale" group for her location, and she has been selling things prior to moving, just like I did when I moved out of my house.  A lot of the things look familiar, either gifts, or things I have handed down to them through the years.  If things go as planned, they will have sold this house in Silverthorne and moved into the new one in Gypsum next month.   
 

My mother had this hanging quilt rack made for me years ago, but I only had one wall in my entire house where it would fit.  I used it for a long time, but really wanted to be able to display something on the wall.  So Tracy has had it for about ten years now, and is selling it.
  
 
This old Singer sewing machine has made hundreds of shirts, dresses, pants, dog booties, and quilts!  Tracy took it when I bought a new machine.  I'm sure the sewing table came from the old Home Ec room at Pinedale High School.



2 comments:

Judi said...

I had to Google Silverthorne & Gypsum. I didn't realize they would be moving further West. How big is Gypsum?

Duene said...

It's really not that far west, about 65 miles. Gypsum is about the same size as Silverthorne, but is about 2000 feet lower.