Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday

No matter what time I get up, it seems like when it is noon, I still haven't accomplished anything.

This morning, I have been shopping on-line, so I guess spending money should be considered an accomplishment.

******************
 
 
Happy Earth Day, everyone.  I guess I'll make a trip to the Recycling Center today.
 
********************
 
Have my supper in the crock pot - chicken with stuff, onions, tomatoes, peppers, celery, etc.  I think boneless skinless chicken breasts are like eating cardboard, and it takes a lot of spices and sauces and things to make it edible.  I remember good old fried chicken, bones in and skin left on, coated in flour, and fried in fat, which spattered all over the stove.
 
*****************
 
The waffle iron I bought last month cratered yesterday.  Just up and died.  I only paid $13 for it, so it's not really worth the hassle of returning it.  When I checked on the Internet, I found it had lots of bad reviews from other people who bought it.   I almost always check the reviews on items I buy. 
 
****************
 
The painting of barn wood and lantern is progressing.  The barn wood is finished except for a few minor touchups.  Now on to the lantern.
 



1 comment:

DADD said...

I agree with you about chicken. It isn't worth the effort without the bones and skin, and frying it made it a lot, lot better.