Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday

There were three of us at art group today, Conley, Susan, and I.  I don't know where Susan has been.

 
Happy Birthday to William Shakespeare.  There is some speculation about his exact birthdate, but today might be it.  He would be 450 years old today.

I have several of his works on my Kindle and always intend  to "better myself" and read more of them.  Some of them were reading assignments in high school and college, and of course there is the recording of Any Griffith telling the story of Romeo and Juliet.  Anyone remember that?

*****************
 
After art group, I went to Ridley's and bought way too many groceries.  I still don't have them all hauled in and put away.  I also went to the liquor store and the recycling center. 
 
*****************


 
They are beginning to put the metal roof panels on the new apartments.  From the architect's drawings, it looked like the roof was going to be red, but I think it is dark brown.  Notice it was warm enough yesterday that the men were working in tee shirts.   
 
 
This was the last breath my waffle iron took.  Great recipe for hash browns cooked in a waffle iron.  I'll make it again some day.
 
*****************
 
Got trapped in the hallway when people were gathering for the monthly cocktail party.  Not too bad.  They took the girl singer's microphone away from her.  She doesn't need it, and no one could talk to each other when she was singing.  And Tom played the piano, which I like much better than the accordion.  



1 comment:

Judi said...

Who was it? Who took the microphone away? Maybe they'll come to Rendez Pt and do the same. WAY too loud there too at birthday lunch.
Give that person a medal! Gutsy!

The hash browns look good.