Friday, September 12, 2008

Beautiful fall day

Snarly Face
Click on images for a larger version
Having fun making faces



Here are two pen and inks I did about a year ago. I did five of these, and they are even in frames. I intended to hang them in one of the downstairs bedrooms, but they are still leaning against the wall in the living room. I need to put the hanging wires on them.

********************************

The new scanner is here. It is always so much work to set new things up!! Just moving the file and cart out from the wall enough to get to the electrical outlet was hard work. It is now plugged in and the cable is plugged in to the computer. I suppose this is the time to take out the manual and read it. I used the old USB cable from the old scanner, as the new one wasn't long enough to reach the computer. I'm sure it will be OK.

It came with the program "Photoshop Elements", but as I have the full blown Photoshop CS2, I won't install that. I think I used "Photoshop Elements" once - it came with one of my cameras. It was a nice program, and you can really do quite a bit with it. Maybe someone else can use it.

It's a sure sign of fall when the propane truck shows up to fill your tank. I really wonder how much it is going to cost me to stay warm this winter! It was $1.87 a gallon last winter, and was $2.53 today. I hope they keep me on a regular delivery schedule. I ran out of propane once last winter, 11:00 at night, and 20 below zero. They did get a truck out to fill my tank in a couple hours that night, but it's frustrating when I am supposed to be on auto-delivery, and they didn't do it. When the snow gets deep in the winter, I can't even get to my tank to read the gauge.

The town has finally approved the building permit for the old Z's inn down the street from me. The guy wanted to put 24 log cabins in there, but the town wouldn't approve that because of the fact that Canal Street and Haystack Street would have to be paved. The guy brought in new plans, and they are now going to put in a two story motel instead of the cabins, and the builder and the town will share the cost of chip sealing the street. I suppose they will chip seal Canal Street just in back of the motel, not the whole street. I was surprised to see a grader on the street last summer. It was the first time in four years that my street had been graded.

No comments: