Monday, September 29, 2008

Pastel Wolf

Click on image for a larger view.

This is the wolf portrait I have been working on in pastels. It is about 10" x 12" on Stonehenge paper. I don't think it is quite finished yet, but as it is my first pastel painting in about 25 years, I'm not really displeased with it. I ordered some new pastel pencils for detail work, but I think maybe my old hard pastels (Nupastels) work just as well for things like fur texture and whiskers. Hmmm - it just occurred to me that he doesn't have any whiskers yet.

I have some watercolor projects started, but I am really anxious to try pastels on different surfaces. Also, I never tried a landscape in pastels, and want to try one.

***********************************

As for the orphan kitten --- his dispostion has not improved. He yowls and struggles to claw my hands when I feed him. He makes threatening noises even while he is sucking on the bottle. Sometimes when I am rubbing his back, he makes a loud purring sound, but I don't think he means it.

I am so allergic to him, and I start sneezing and my nose runs every time I feed him. I have an oversized shirt I put on so I can minimize the cat hair on my clothes, but his cat dander gets stirred up when I am handling him.

Maybe soon he will realize his mother isn't coming back to him, and will decide I am his mother and be nice to me. Right now, I feel like the evil step mother!


No comments: